Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Let's Talk About Tats Link Up


I'm linking up with Mel over at 4KOTTEZ today to talk about Tats, Tattoos, Ink, Permanent Reminders of Drunken Nights...whatever you might like to call them!

Believe it or not I didn't get my first tattoo until after my son, Jack, was born.  I think I was 27 (in college I was more into piercings - belly button, nose, tongue, eyebrow, nipples - yes nipples) and I wanted to get Jack's birth date tatted somewhere.  I chose the inside of my left foot and the pain wasn't as bad as I had thought.  The worst part were the involuntary nerve spasms.  The artist (or as I like to describe him - the dude that was so STONED) had to hold my foot down pretty good because it kept randomly, and under no control of my own, jumping and twitching!  It only took like 10 minutes and I thought it looked good for my first tattoo.  I really love it because it's Jack's and now that he is 3 he knows that it's his birth date and likes to point it out and tell people it's his birthday and Momma got it because he is SOOO speshall.  The tattoo is in roman numerals, I wanted something strong and even a bit masculine since it was representing my best little man!


 
I got my second tattoo right before I got pregnant with Norah.  I'm not sure why I got it, I just wanted it - I'm sure you heard that ink is addicting and I fully believe and support that.  This tattoo is on the inside of my left wrist and is the Universal Symbol of Faith - which basically is a symbol that all/most religions have an interpretation of.  In Christianity it represents the Holy Trinity: The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit.  If you want to learn more about the symbol click HERE.  The heart represents The Father, the circle represents The Son and the triangle represents The Holy Spirit.  I do like this tattoo too, but I wish I wouldn't have done it on such a whim because now I think it would have looked better if the lines were a little thinner so that the shapes would be more defined individually.  I'm planning to have it touched up and outlined in WHITE to help the shapes POP!
 


Next on my list is Norah's birth date - I think on my right foot.  Then I would like to get a big one, maybe of like a Japanese Cherry Blossom Tree that would start on my back and wrap down and around my side.  I also want a scripture somewhere that says "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" but I have no clue where yet!


Now, tell me - what do you think of Ink?  Yes/No?  Show me whatcha got!  And don't forget to go check out all the Tat Tales on Mel's blog - the link up button is below!
Photobucket
 

1 comment :

  1. Ahhh thanks girl for linking up with me - you are too sweet. Happy Wednesday. YAY.

    ReplyDelete