Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013 - YEAR IN REVIEW...

Twenty-Thirteen was most definitely AMAZING but I know the BEST is yet to come!
I've done this "year in review" questionnaire for the last five years, man that seems like a long time!
If you want to enjoy some blasts from the past here you go; 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 !

1. What did you do in 2013 that you'd never done before? 
10-K Groundhog Run! Plastic Surgery! All-inclusive 7 night Cancun Vacation (sans children)! Tough Mudder! Chiefs Game! Half Marathon!

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
My 2013 resolutions were: 1. Keep Running - First Half Marathon in September with Molly! Then Route 66 Half in November!, 2. Complete ORB, 3. Keep finding myself as an individual - not just someone's wife and Mom.
1. Success (minus the September half)! 2. Fail! 3.Success!
In 2014 I want to: 1. Get Fit! 2. Play with my kids more! 3. Focus on Nutrition and start Cooking (some)! 4. Enjoy the people that enjoy me!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Chelsea had Jayden! Madeline had Camille! Leslie had Jett! 

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Don't think so...horrible answer, but I don't...

5. What countries did you visit?
Mexico!
 
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013? 
Focus!

7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 5th...
April 19th...
April 30th...
September 15th...
September 21st...
November 1st...
November 24th...
 
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
This is a tie between completing the Tough Mudder and the Route 66 Half Marathon.

9. What was your biggest failure?
It's lame, but not losing all the weight I said I wanted too... 

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had my boobs done in March, but that's like elective injury! I found out I have bursitis in my left hip and had a bout with ITBS, I got a huge cortisone shot in my hip and did PT for about 6-8 weeks and that issue seemed to be resolved! No major illnesses thankfully for myself or family!

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Our new living room furniture!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? 
Our daycare provider, Tonya!  I don't even like calling her our "daycare provider" she is more like family!  She has always loved Jack and Norah like her own and treats them so, so, so well!  We are truly lucky to have her and cherish her more then she will probably ever know!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
This is such a loaded question.  But I honestly have zero desire to do the petty, HS BS, jealous girl thing anymore - I'm just not interested.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills and Children... 
 
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My new and improved boobs!  Eek!

16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
We Can't Stop - Miley Cyrus

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
Happier, Thinner, Richer...

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Internalized, Journaled, Blogged...

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Wasted time focused on and worried about the "what if"? 

20. How did you spend Christmas? 
The norm - family and gifts
 
21. Did you fall in love in 2013?
I fell in love with my newest BFF, Molly. I only met her 13 short months ago, but I honestly don't know how I survived the previous 29 years without her! 

22. What was your favorite TV program?
Criminal Minds...
 
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No, this is a dumb ass question.
 
24. What was the best book you read?
I sucked at reading books this year and can't remember anything of merit.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I'm really trying to find my love for country music; Luke Bryan, Florida Georgia Line, Blake Shelton...

26. What did you want and get?
Again, the boobs...

27. What did you want and not get?
A hot ass bod...

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
The Perks of being a Wallflower...

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned the Dirty Thirty on Jan. 25th!  I spent the weekend with great friends and ran my first 10-K in Kansas City!  

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
For all my "dreams" to have come true...

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
I don't HATE pants!

32. What kept you sane?
Working Out, Girlfriends, Vodka and Rum Chata...

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Adam Levine...

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
I don't really keep up with politics, oh shit gasp... 

35. Who did you miss?
Brecken

36. Who was the best new person you met?
Since I got to meet her in person this year, I'm going to say Lori (and Jenni) in Chicago!

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
The majority of people suck! But then there are the few that rock! To those that rock...I mucho big puffy heart love you long time! To those that suck, fuck off.  Lesson learned...don't force a relationship/friendship, it's a complete waste of time. Instead focus on the relationships that are two-way (or three-way) streets; you should get the same value out of any relationship that you put into it!
 
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"I gotta little drunk last night..." Eli Young Band

1 comment :

  1. I LOVE #37!! I totally agree with you! I had the same problem. I "blocked" everyone ON PURPOSE because I was tired of dealing with BS! Learned the ones you thought were good friends weren't really. My one and only, true BFF lives in Dubai. So right now I am literally friendless. LOL We soooo need to live closer to each other! I think we would have a good time. :)

    ReplyDelete