Monday, January 7, 2013

2012 - Year In Review...

1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?  I became a runner, like for real! I trained for my first 5K ever and was hooked from there.  I ran in 3 - 5K's and then did one 4 mile run in December with my bestie Julie!

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
My 2012 resolutions were: 1. Deliver a happy, healthy baby girl, 2. Stop using horrible language in front of Jack, 3. Complete the Warrior Dash in May, 4. Enjoy my family, 5. Get back in shape.
1. Success, 2. Fail, 3. Success/Fail - I didn't make it to the Warrior Dash but I did start running consistently and competed in 4 races/runs in 2012, 4. Success - I guess, 5. In progress - I'm on the right patch, but I wouldn't say I'm back in shape where I'd want to be!
For 2013 I want to: 1. Keep Running - First Half Marathon in September with Molly! Then Route 66 Half in November!, 2. Complete ORB, 3. Keep finding myself as an individual - not just someone's wife and Mom.
 
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I had Norah 1/30/12, Cassie had Piper in October, Kayla had Tyler in March, I'm sure there were others.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Don't think so...horrible answer, but I don't...


5. What countries did you visit?
The Good Ole US of A
 
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012? 
A rockin' hot ass ORB body and more money!  What I'm self-centered and greedy... you know it's why you love me.

7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
1/30/12 the day I had Norah Bean.
 
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Running... I'm so lame.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Taking time for myself, losing myself in everyone else, being miserable for the sake of others - that shit ain't gonna happen this year!

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Not really, hip issues this fall and then on the very last day of the year on NYE I went and busted my ass in an epic dance floor fall and now my foot is F'd.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
New Car - GMC Terrain, baby!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? 
I don't know...this is about me, not someone else, right?

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
This is such a loaded question.  But I honestly have zero desire to do the petty, HS BS, jealous girl thing anymore - I'm just not interested.
14. Where did most of your money go?
The Children...damn them! 
 
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Not being pregnant anymore!  Getting my new car!  Running!  Meeting new friends!

16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Taylor Swift - We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, you couldn't go anywhere and not hear that song!

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
Happier, Thinner, Richer...

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Girls Weekends/Runs Combo

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Sitting around being bored

20. How did you spend Christmas?
The norm - family and gifts
 
21. Did you fall in love in 2012?
I fell in love with this wonderful Blogger Mom + Hubby Jack Community and all the ladies I've met and become fast friends with!
22. What was your favorite TV program?
The Voice - Adam Levine and Blake Shelton, yes please!
 
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No, this is a dumb ass question.
 
24. What was the best book you read?
OMG - I got so into reading this year and it's all thanks to Mr. Christian Grey!  But my favorites were "Captive in the Dark" and "Seduced in the Dark" by C.J. Roberts

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Anything with a beat to run to.

26. What did you want and get?
A healthy baby girl, a new car, making new friends and reconnecting with some old ones!

27. What did you want and not get?
To win the lottery, this is another dumb one.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
OMG, we watch so many movies I don't even know, but I am obsessed with Pitch Perfect!  Lawless was also really good - primarily b/c of Tom Hardy. 

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 29 on Jan. 25th.  I don't think we did a whole lot seeing as though I was 5 days away from giving birth!  :-) 

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Husband/Kid-Free Vacation.  I'm horrible, I know!

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Fairly stylish, but I think I mastered the art of hiding under my clothing.  Also, a scarf can make any outfit cuter. 
32. What kept you sane?
Vanilla Vodka and Diet Dr Pepper and Running

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Duh...Channing Tatum! 

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
I don't really keep up with politics, oh shit gasp... but really I don't, however I'm sure I'm going to be pretty pissed when I get my check stub this Friday from work and it's a smaller $ amount b/c of some BS Obama tax or whatever. 

35. Who did you miss?
I always miss me some of my 4 best girls - Jenny, Chelsea, Chelse and Julie 
36. Who was the best new person you met?
This is a tie amongst a bunch of people - Holly, Molly, Nancy Clue, Mama L and Aly...since I actually met them in person!  But really all of you ladies are on my best new person/people list!  :-)

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
"Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway."
- Eleanor Roosevelt
 
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"You can go hard or you can go home!" - will.i.am



9 comments :

  1. #2 - 3 in 2013 is one of my resolutions too. Great one. I can't wait to meet up Miss Darci - we are going to have so much fun. I admire you for being REAL and you have a big heart. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your answer to #12. :) 2013 is our year baby - the year of the MILF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a fun recap!

    My answers to number 15 would be exactly the same, our babies are only a day apart. And I was over being pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I fell in love with the blogger community this year for sure too!!! :) But back off of Channing Tatum or I'll kick your arse. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny as always Darci you never disappoint. Ha! Every momma needs a vacay without kids. Nothing wrong with that. Happy mommy happy family! Channing tatum yum yum

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this! I'm totally going to Tulsa this year! Maybe not to run the 1/2 but I really wanna go this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a super cute post! I cannot wait to read the one where you kicked ass at the 1/2 marathons!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Get it girll!!! You complete our mom circle. There always needs to be a good looking mouthy bish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list! I love it! Good luck with your two half marathons!

    ReplyDelete