Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Yesterday...

Yesterday I went to see my Endochronologist in JoMo.  We are still aggressively monitoring my Thyroid levels in order to get them back on track since having Norah so I go every 8 weeks.  The appointment started routinely enough, my Thyroid is looking pretty good, we tweaked my dosage a tiny bit.  He then examines me and says that I have some "acanthosis" and that he would explain when he was done examing me.  I was like, uh...ok?!  So he finishes the exam and then asked if there is a family history of Diabetes and I said yes, on my Dad's side (all the Mexican family seems to have Diabetes issues - like my Grandpa died my senior year of college and he had had to have both of his legs amputated in the few years prior to his death because his Diabetes was so bad and out of control).  He goes on to say that acanthosis is a sign that the pancreas is working too hard to produce insulin.  The acanthosis are dark circles/spots that appear on the neck - mine are on the back of my neck so I obviously hadn't even ever noticed it, but they weren't there just 8 weeks ago which is kind of un-nerving.  Anyway, he said that he is sure that if I lost weight it would solve the issue - otherwise he said that in a year or two I would be a full blown diabetic.  Ugh!  Seriously!?  So I'm now not only on a path to lose weight for vanity reasons, but truly for health reasons - that should give me a kick in the ass, right?  So he gave me a goal of losing 5 pounds before I go back in 8 weeks - sounds easy enough...

The rest of the day played out like normal - except I forgot my lunch, picture evidence below.  I hit the Y at lunch and knocked out Week 3 Day 1 of the C25K program, then had unruly, crazy hair for the rest of the afternoon.  I don't know if it was depression that made me do it, but I did indulge in cheese dip and chips for dinner - see ZERO WILLPOWER!

However, today is a fresh day and I'm bound to make it a good one!  Cheers, friends!
  
Forgot About Lunch!
C25K W3D1 Complete!
I'm so sick of my hair - it's so unruly after a workout!
Daily Food/Exercise Log

No comments :

Post a Comment